Waterpark Supervisor - The Wave
Opening soon, the Wave’ complex is a 600-capacity high octane waterpark in Coventry City Centre, which incorporates six thrilling rides, wave pool, lazy river & toddler area. In addition, there are state-of-the-art fitness facilities, including a 25m pool, squash courts, and the tranquil Mana Spa, which includes treatment rooms & heat experiences. The facilities also include a Bistro with alfresco dining area.
We are looking for ambitious and self-motivated individuals to join our team and you should have experience of working with customers in a busy environment, handling cash and be familiar with computer systems. As the visible face of the centre, it is essential that you are outgoing and friendly, and can be on hand to help with our customer’s needs through both the telephone and face to face.
The successful applicant will be required to work days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To be responsible for the safety of users in all pool, attractions and features within the Waterpark and the supervision of lifeguards and helpers on duty.
- To monitor video surveillance of all areas of the waterpark to ensure all procedures are being adhered to.
- To monitor mechanical and electrical systems within the waterpark i.e. pool alarms, pool pumps and carry out the correct procedures upon activation.
- To assist the Duty Manager with all training aspects for the Lifeguards and helpers.
- Understand, follow and implement all policies, procedures and safety guidelines for all aspects of the waterpark venue.
- Maintain the high standards set by the Company and ensure all members of the team adhere to them.
- To undertake regular walk throughs around the waterpark area throughout the shift where possible, to check on safety concerns, customer issues and monitor staff performance.
- Ensure that all rotations are moving accordingly and that all Lifeguards are following the guidelines as set by the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- To ensure that all customers that visit the waterpark are always welcomed, feel safe and receive the customer service that is expected by the Company.
- To assist the management team ensuring that all equipment is kept safe, clean and in excellent working condition through the monitoring of daily, weekly and monthly checks.
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are dealt with and reported in the appropriate manner to the Duty Manager.
- Assist with the daily set up and closure procedure of the waterpark attractions, including cleaning, and equipment checks.
- Ensure that any changes to the operation of the waterpark is communicated to all Lifeguards as appropriate.
- To ensure that all rotations are correctly done and that breaks are adhered to as per the Pool Safety Operating Procedures (PSOP)
- To make sure that you always keep an open line of communication with all the departments within the centre and to ensure they are always updated with any changes.
- To maintain all relevant administrative records and reports.
- To hold a recognised lifeguard qualification in order to carry out duties on Leisure Centre’s swimming pool.
- To attend training/refresher courses as appropriate to maintain qualifications and to be responsible for ensuring that all necessary qualifications are kept up-to-date.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Show a flexible approach to work
- Be self-motivated
- Supportive to others
- To be adaptable and approachable
- Desire to further training and career development prospects
Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience of the day to day running of a leisure facility
- Good knowledge of health and safety practises within the leisure industry
- Understanding of operating procedures and emergency action plans
- Experience of working in a waterpark environment.
- To have held a supervisory position
- Basic IT knowledge.
- Experience of achieving results and making a difference to customers.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- To be able to lead a team
- Have good communication skills
- To be able to deal with customers and deal with it in a sensitive manner.
- To lead by example.
- Time Management skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Relevant National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- First Aid at Work
- NVQ Leisure Management
- Ability to work unsociable hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites during the working day.
- DBS Clearance.
- Broader interest relating to sport and leisure
Job Reference Number
29th April 2019
TBC at interview
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.