CV Life are looking to recruit STA/ASA Level 1 qualified Swimming Teachers to deliver various swimming programmes throughout the year for children of all ages and abilities and assist with delivering adult lessons.
The ideal candidates for these positions will be enthusiastic, motivated and creative individuals who work well as part of a team and have experience in assisting or delivering swimming sessions. Good communication and leadership skills are also required.
The successful applicants will be required to work days, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
A current NPLQ or NRASTC qualification or equivalent will also be required.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To deliver high quality swimming lessons to children following the Swim England: Learn to Swim Framework
- To plan and prepare the delivery of swimming lessons and ensure that all-coaching sessions and practices are within the current guidelines of ASA and other governing bodies as are appropriate.
- To plan and deliver lessons appropriate to the swimmers ability and encourage and facilitate the progression of children through various stages of development
- To help set up the pool for swimming lessons ensuring the safe provision of all equipment and make sure that it is being used correctly
- To constantly update, manage and complete registers
- To continually assess children, hand out progression cards where applicable and complete termly reports for each child and distribute to children.
- Support, guide, and instruct pool helpers during lessons
- To attend regular staff meetings/training/refreshers as necessary
- To work and communicate well with all staff and be able to communicate by email
- To try and meet all criteria set out in the swim observation sheet
- To be willing to help cover swimming lessons when possible
- Evaluate lessons and give good feedback
- Be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment to encourage learning to swim
- To ensure that all-coaching and lifeguarding qualifications are maintained within the acceptable standards of the governing bodies.
- To be familiar with and act upon Health and Safety procedures within the swimming environment
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative and lead a team of people
- Outwardly enthusiastic and confident
- Show a flexible approach to work
- Maintain a professional image at all times
- Desire to undertake further training and career development
Knowledge and Experience
- Effective teaching and technique skills following the current Learn to Swim Framework to a high standard
- Ability to adapt sessions appropriately depending on the needs of the group.
- Experience working with disadvantaged groups
- Continually work towards coaching qualifications
- Understanding of the health and safety procedures
- Understanding of safeguarding procedures
- Relevant knowledge and experience of swimming development
- Knowledge of relevant governing bodies
- A sound understanding of the curriculum in schools in relation to swimming
- Experience teaching both in and out of the water
- Good communication and leadership skillsTo support pool helpers, providing guidance and instructions during the lessons
- To support pool helpers, providing guidance and instructions during the lessons
- Ability to motivate both individuals and teams
- Not applicable
- Basic IT knowledge, numeracy and literacy
- Not applicable
- Hold a relevant National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Hold a Pool Helper Qualification
- Hold the STA Award/ASA Level 1 in swimming teaching qualification
- Complete 6 hours shadowing CV Life swimming lessons voluntarily prior to start date.
- Minimum of 50 hours of swimming teaching experience li>Attended at least 1 CPD in the last calendar year li>Attended 6 internal teacher training sessions in the last calendar year li>To have successfully passed an internal assessment of your teaching
- Hold a valid safeguarding certificate
- DBS Clearance
- Attend regular staff meetings and training.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites
Job Reference Number
31st December 2019
Various hours available
£6.75 - £9.00 (depending on experience and qualifications) (topped up accordingly to NMW/NLW, if applicable)
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8DY.