Spa Receptionist - The Wave
Opening soon, the Wave’ complex is a 600-capacity high octane waterpark in Coventry City Centre, which incorporates six thrilling rides, wave pool, lazy river & toddler area. In addition, there are state-of-the-art fitness facilities, including a 25m pool, squash courts, and the tranquil Mana Spa, which includes treatment rooms & heat experiences. The facilities also include a Bistro with alfresco dining area.
You will be responsible for assisting with the day to day running of the reception desk and guest communications. You will welcome guests and answer all enquiries whilst observing set standards in terms of exemplary customer care. Ensuring bookings are made to maximize the business and aiming to provide all guests with the best possible service and a memorable experience. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills and the ability to build an instant rapport with our guests. You will also develop a complete and detailed knowledge of all treatments and services, plus any promotions that may be on offer at the time.
The successful applicant will be required to work days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To co-ordinate bookings, admissions and general enquiries as the first point of contact within Mana Spa.
- Promote exceptional customer standards at all times with contact through email, telephone or face to face.
- To accept and process bookings for the various facilities within the guidelines of the relevant procedures.
- To constantly monitor activities alongside the scheduled bookings and inform staff as to sessional and changeover requirements.
- Preparing guest schedules for the next day’s arrivals, making sure the treatments booked are accurate and booked in a suitable time frame.
- Having knowledge of the type of treatments available and be able to give advice on treatment procedures and contra-indications. Use initiative when dealing with guests who have contra-indications to find suitable alternatives.
- Drive desk sales and achieve targets for promotions and treatment launches.
- Billing treatments accurately and on time, cross charging to Club members and ensuring required discounts and offers are applied.
- To reconcile the cash register and takings at the end of each shift.
- To ensure the appropriate levels of admittance to those sessions and classes that have limited availability.
- To process membership applications.
- To deal with all telephone enquiries using standard operating procedures and record messages on behalf of staff who are unable to take calls using internal e-mail system.
- To process the daily postal deliveries, ensuring that staff receive incoming mail promptly.
- Input memberships onto the computerized booking system and ensure that supplementary information is accurate and detailed.
- To monitor and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the reception area at all times.
- To ensure that adequate levels of information leaflets are produced and displayed within the reception area.
- To attend training/refresher courses as are appropriate to maintain standards of good practice.
- To assist in emergency situations in accordance with the procedures detailed in CVLife’s Health & Safety policy.
- To attend any relevant meetings as appropriate.
- Maintaining good communication with therapists and attendants, informing therapists of any changes to the diary’s within good timings, and informing any attendants of any raised feedback from customers.
- Deal with complaints accordingly and pass on to Spa Manager when needed.
- Approachability to staff and customers.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Supportive to others.
- Good listener.
- Adaptable and approachable.
- Enthusiastic to assist others.
- Interest within the health and beauty industry
- Working knowledge and experience within a reception environment.
- Experience of cash handling.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Basic knowledge of daily procedures or work experience within a leisure facility.
- Knowledge of electronic booking systems.
- Knowledge of Health and safety practices and procedures.
- Experience working within a spa environment desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and under own supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Ability to handle customer complaints in an appropriate manner.
- Good organisational skills.
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in communicationthat may arise when dealing with customers with special needs.
- Decision making.
- Marketing/sales experience.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- First aid qualification.
- Customer care certificate.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
Knowledge and Experience
1st March 2019
Part Time & Full Time
TBC at interview
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.