Spa Attendant- The Wave
Opening soon, the Wave’ complex is a 600-capacity high octane waterpark in Coventry City Centre, which incorporates six thrilling rides, wave pool, lazy river & toddler area. In addition, there are state-of-the-art fitness facilities, including a 25m pool, squash courts, and the tranquil Mana Spa, which includes treatment rooms & heat experiences. The facilities also include a Bistro with alfresco dining area.
As our Spa Attendants, your key responsibility will be to maintain the highest possible standards of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Spa. You will also assist with the journey of the guests and members and be ready to deliver exceptional service. We’re looking for friendly, confident and hardworking people who have masses of enthusiasm and have the ability to work and maintain high standards.
The successful applicant will be required to work days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To ensure high standards of cleanliness within the spa are met, and to maintain all equipment, reporting any issues to the Spa Manager.
- Greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner during all interactions.
- Maintain the cleanliness and serenity of all areas of the spa.
- Assist with spa tours for day guests and member prospects.
- Assisting receptionist with welcoming clients when unavailable.
- Making refreshments for clients throughout facility.
- Ensure change rooms are stocked with appropriate items (towels, etc) and therapy rooms are stocked thoroughly, repeatedly checked throughout the day.
- Ensure clean laundry is available at all times for restocking.
- Assist spa therapists with room changeovers for treatments.
- Assist therapist with the close of a sale as and when needed.
- Handle all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism.
- Provide accurate information about the city and surrounding attractions when asked by guests.
- Daily operations including opening and closing procedures, facility inspections, and general facility maintenance.
- Daily inspections of the facilities (for example sauna, steam) to be carried out every 30minutes and correct procedures to be followed.
- Stay up to date with current rates, rate changes and all promotions.
- Reports any incident or accident to the Spa Manager.
- Demonstrate sincere guest focus and true appreciation for the guest experience.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Supportive to others.
- Good listener.
- Enthusiastic to assist others.
- Interest in Spa and wellness.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience working as a leisure attendant or public facing service.
- Experience of working within the leisure industry.
- Communication skills.
- AAbility to relate to a diverse range of people.
- Customer care skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Basic IT knowledge
- Basic literacy
- NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
1st March 2019
TBC at interview
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Alternatively, you can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.