CV life is seeking to employ an enthusiastic individual who will be required to undertake duties as a Receptionist delivering excellent customer service.
The ideal candidate for this position will be hardworking, able to show initiative and will work well as part of a team.
The successful applicant will possess strong interpersonal skills both written, on the telephone and face to face with customers and clients, have good problem-solving skills and good attention to detail. You will also be familiar with the use of a computer.
The principal place of employment will be Alan Higgs Centre and the successful applicant will be required to work days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To co-ordinate bookings, admissions and general enquiries as the first point of contact within the organisation.
- Promote exceptional customer standards at all times with contact through email, telephone or face to face.
- To accept and process bookings for the various facilities within the guidelines of the relevant procedures.
- To constantly monitor activities alongside the scheduled bookings and inform staff as to sessional and changeover requirements.
- To operate the cash register for activity admission whilst ensuring that discount cards are shown by people wishing to pay concessionary rates.
- To ensure that payment records and accounts for activities are maintained within the respective files.
- To reconcile the cash register and takings at the end of each shift.
- To ensure the appropriate levels of admittance to those sessions and classes that have limited availability.
- To deal with all telephone enquiries using standard operating procedures and record messages on behalf of staff who are unable to take calls using internal e-mail system.
- To process the daily postal deliveries, ensuring that staff receive incoming mail promptly.
- Input memberships onto the computerised booking system and ensure that supplementary information is accurate and detailed.
- To ensure that all visitors adhere to the procedures for signing in and out of the premises.
- To regularly update and file all records kept at reception.
- To monitor and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the reception area at all times.
- To ensure that adequate levels of information leaflets are produced and displayed within the reception area.
- To attend training/refresher courses as are appropriate to maintain standards of good practice.
- To assist in emergency situations in accordance with the procedures detailed in CV Life’s Health & Safety policy.
- To attend any relevant meetings as appropriate.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Approachability to staff and customers.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Supportive to others.
- Good listener.
- Adaptable and approachable.
- Enthusiastic to assist others.
Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience within a reception environment.
- Experience of cash handling.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Basic knowledge of daily procedures or work experience within a leisure facility.
- Knowledge of electronic booking systems.
- Knowledge of Health and safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and under own supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Ability to handle customer complaints in an appropriate manner.
- Good organisational skills.
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in communicationthat may arise when dealing with customers with special needs.
- Decision making.
- Marketing/sales experience.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- First aid qualification.
- Customer care certificate.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites to provide cover as needed.
Job Reference Number
25th March 2019
Average of 24 hours (3 week rota)
£7.25 (topped up in accordance to NMW and NLW, if appropriate)
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.