Group Exercise Coordinator
CVLife is seeking to recruit a high calibre and enthusiastic Group Exercise Coordinator to join our Lifestyles Health & Fitness Management Team to aid with the development and growth of the Group Exercise program at our facilities.
Ideally looking for an experienced individual to help coordinate the Group Exercise Instructors and aid with updating and delivering Group Exercise Classes in a forward thinking organization - ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction are experienced.
The successful applicant will have good leadership, organisation and planning skills and be an outstanding communicator and motivator; showing positive assertiveness to a strong team of instructors.
The successful applicant may be required to work early mornings, evenings and weekends. You will be required to travel to public events and across sites in a working day, therefore a flexible approach to working is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To coordinate the Lifestyles Group Exercise programme for CVLife, including staffing, marketing and programming.
- To organise and monitor all aspects of staffing within the Lifestyles facilities Group Exercise programme, including staffing levels, timetabling, class cover, holidays, absenteeism.
- To develop and promote specialist classes.
- To deliver sessions as required for holiday / sickness cover for Lifestyles instructors.
- To assist the Fitness Operations Manager with weekly site inspections of the relevant group exercise areas (including group exercise based equipment), highlighting Health & Safety, cleaning and maintenance issues that require attention and a list of actions (prioritised) required to ensure the Lifestyles facilities are maintained to a high standard.
- To ensure that the group exercise facilities are adequately maintained and serviced.
- To provide in house staff training where required and hold annual progress reviews with all Group Exercise Instructors.
- To organise external staff training in-line with budgets.
- To hold regular staff meetings with Group Exercise Instructors and attend relevant departmental meetings.
- To provide weekly and monthly analysis of class statistics relating to usage and key performance indicators.
- To organise and deliver customer/member forums and feedback sessions and communicate information to the Fitness Operations Manager and Membership Manager.
- Attend regular meetings with the Fitness Operations Manager to report on all areas within the Group Exercise facilities/program and develop future initiatives.
- To liaise and work closely with the Fitness Operations Manager and Membership Manager on issues relating to customer service and retention.
- To work with the Fitness Operations Manager in the development of annual budgets and ensure through regular monitoring that the designated areas are working within budget.
- To work with the Fitness Operations Manager and Centre Managers to develop, implement and maintain Health & Safety policies within the Lifestyles Exercise Studio.
- To attend training/refresher courses as appropriate to maintain qualifications and standards of good practice and organise as is necessary for Lifestyles Instructors to ensure that their qualifications are kept up-to-date.
- To be responsible for ensuring that staff qualifications and training records are kept up to date at all times.
- To be responsible for mentoring, counselling, supporting, advising, coaching and the development of staff.
- To ensure that all Foundation Staff project a professional, friendly and presentable image of the Foundation at all times.
- To maintain all relevant administrative records and reports.
- To ensure that all company policies and priorities are communicated to Lifestyles staff along with reports in relation to monthly performance targets.
- To carry out regular checks on internal promotional material (i.e. leaflets) to ensure correct information and appropriate levels are available.
- To be pro-actively involved in the organisation and development of new and existing promotional activities linked with the work of the Foundation.
- To visit venues outside the Centre as required by the Manager or other member of the Management team to promote the activities of the Foundation.
- To work within the Facility and Management team to play a leading role in developing future initiatives within Coventry Sports Foundation’s Lifestyles facilities.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Excellent communicator to various levels of internal and external representation.
- Adaptable and approachable.
- Positive assertiveness.
- High levels of self-motivation and organisation.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and confident.
- Show a flexible approach to work.
- Professional pride.
- Approachability to staff and customers.
- Good listener.
- Desire to further training and career development prospects.
- Mentoring skills for more junior members of staff
Knowledge and Experience
- Basic knowledge of working in the fitness industry.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety practices surrounding exercise to music classes.
- Knowledge of good practices within fitness facilities management.
- Health & Safety practices within a fitness facility environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, to use emails, update spreadsheets, writes reports etc.
- Working knowledge & experience of the day to day management of fitness facilities.
- Knowledge of trends in the current market.
- Consultative leadership and people management skills.
- Experience in the development & marketing of health & fitness facilities/sessions.
- Ability to work and make decisions in unsupervised settings.
- Confidentiality in relation to issues of personnel.
- Organisational, planning and administration skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own supervision.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Good customer care skills.
- Ability to encourage and motivate others
- First aid qualification
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Y.M.C.A Exercise to music Instructor or equivalent.
- Additional CPD qualifications relating to the fitness industry
- Ability to work unsociable hours/weekends.
- Ability to travel to all sites
- Broader interest relating to sport and leisure.
- Interest in working with under-represented and disadvantaged community groups/individuals.
21st August 2019
Health & Fitness
25 per week
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.