CV Life is seeking to employ a Management Accountant. The job entails the day to day management of Finance Departments, including all accounting management functions that result in the monthly preparation of accurate management accounts and annual production of year end statutory audited accounts.
A recognised accounting qualification is essential, although candidates qualified by experience will be considered.
Experience in managing the day to day running of a Finance Department, preparation of detailed financial reports to strict deadlines, and complex reconciliations including till income and cash in transit is essential. The company runs Sage Line 50 accounting software and prepares management accounts using Excel so a sound understanding of both is required. Experience in running Sage Payroll is an added advantage.
This position falls within a shared-services working arrangement and as such you will be required to carry out tasks at a range of sites within Coventry that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
The day to day management of the finance department, including the responsibility for all functions that result in the monthly production of accurate management accounts and the production of year end statutory audited accounts for numerous companies. This position falls within a shared-services working arrangement and as such you will be required to carry out tasks at a range of sites within Coventry that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the management of a high performance finance department.
- Manage multiple finance departments that are either operated or managed by the Company.
- To be responsible for supervision, coaching and development of staff.
- Preparation and presentation of Management Accounts.
- Liaison with Senior Managers regarding departmental performance.
- Check reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensure payroll functions are completed correctly and all payroll accounts reconciled.
- Monitor reconciliation of all income through tills and cash in transit.
- Investigation and reporting of all significant variances.
- Ensure all credit control procedures work effectively.
- Overall responsibility for the budgetary process.
- To be the main contact with auditors at year end.
- Oversee the review and implementation of new systems and procedures.
- Ensure all finance control procedures are being followed.
- Ensure all governance up to date including statutory returns and KPI and reports.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi task and meet stringent deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Corporate Values: PRIDE,PASSION,PERFORMANCE
Knowledge and Experience
- Sound understanding of financial accounting and reporting policies and procedures and financial systems.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Supervision of finance staff and experience of day to day management of a finance team.
- Payroll experience including timesheets, processing, HMRC returns, RTI.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Sage Line 50 finance package.
- Financial and variance analysis.
- Budget and forecasting experience.
- Cash flow monitoring and control.
- UK VAT and VAT returns.
- Statutory and local authority returns.
- Online banking.
- Compile reconciliations including till income and cash in transit.
- Pension Fund knowledge.
- Pension auto enrolment.
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft Office skills.
- Preparation of Management Accounts.
- Complex reconciliations including till income and cash in transit.
- Effective personal and written communication skills to work with and influence Managers, and present complex issues in an accessible form.
- Use of Sage payroll software.
- Sage invoicing, statement production and credit control.
- Computer literate
- Recognised accounting qualification
- Ability to work extra hours at peak times as needed.
- Ability to travel between sites during the working day.
9 August 2019
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.