Maintenance Technician - The Wave
Opening soon, the Wave’ complex is a 600-capacity high octane waterpark in Coventry City Centre, which incorporates six thrilling rides, wave pool, lazy river & toddler area. In addition, there are state-of-the-art fitness facilities, including a 25m pool, squash courts, and the tranquil Mana Spa, which includes treatment rooms & heat experiences. The facilities also include a Bistro with alfresco dining area.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated and is able to assist with the day to day maintenance of the centre. Daily duties will include pool plant maintenance to ensure the pools are operating to a safe standard, repairs to damaged equipment in line with the maintenance schedule and carrying out preventative maintenance programs. Other duties will be decorating, and basic DIY skills. The applicant will need to have good communication and interpersonal skills.
The successful applicant will be required to work days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To be responsible for the maintenance of all plant, machinery and equipment within the Complex ensuring the buildings are operating effectively and safely at all times.
- To ensure that the Centre’s facilities are constantly maintained and presented to the highest of standards as could be expected within any similar facility within the leisure sector.
- To be responsible for adhering to maintenance schedules and carrying out preventative maintenance programs.
- To carry out regular checks/inspections on equipment/facilities to ensure the earliest possible identification of Health & Safety risks and maintenance defects.
- To be responsible for all aspects connected to maintaining the pool plant ensuring that it runs efficiently, continuously and effectively. Also carrying out all relevant pool tests and maintaining records.
- To ensure that all areas of the Company’s Policy and Procedure are adhered to and implemented.
- To project a professional, friendly and presentable image of the Company at all times.
- To attend training/refresher courses as appropriate to maintain qualifications, up-to-date knowledge of the maintenance industry and standards of good practice.
- To work with the Maintenance Supervisor and Complex Manager to manage relationships with contractors and service providers and coordinate work streams, ensuring all service requirements are met, equipment is serviced according to manufacturer’s guidelines and the best quality of service and value for money is achieved.
- To order and maintain equipment levels, ensuring that all maintenance equipment within the Centre is appropriate for its use and that it is checked regularly as part of Health & Safety risk assessments and operating procedures.
- To be a designated key holder and respond to emergency calls for maintenance issues.
- To maintain all relevant administrative records (including maintenance logs) and reports.
- To work with the Complex Manager to ensure through regular monitoring that the facility is working within the maintenance budget.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Presentable in personal appearance.
- Excellent communicator to various levels of internal and external representation.
- High levels of self-motivation and organisation.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and confident.
- Honest, reliable & trustworthy.
- Show a flexible approach to work.
- High standards in relation to the presentation of facilities.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Physical agility to undertake the duties in the job description.
- Manual dexterity.
Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience of a wide range of buildings maintenance.
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of IT (Microsoft Office, Outlook etc).
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
- Previous experience of maintenance work within a leisure facility.
- Pool plant maintenance experience.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work and make decisions in unsupervised settings.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in problem solving.
- Time Management skills.
- Prioritising workloads.
- Recognised industry qualifications.
- Technical ability in relation to plant maintenance.
- Mechanical or electrical experience.
- Organisational, planning and administration skills.
- Computer literate.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Pool plant qualification.
- Recognised industry qualifications.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites during working hours.
- Ability to be on call to attend at short notice.
1st March 2019
TBC at interview
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.