The Alan Higgs Centre are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated and is able to assist with the day to day maintenance of the centre.
The successful candidate will be required to assist with all site and grounds maintenance that includes maintenance of all plant, machinery and equipment ensuring the building is effectively and safety. You will also be required to assist with pool plant maintenance to ensure the pools are operating to a safe standard when the new 50m pool opens. Other duties will be decorating, and basic DIY skills. The applicant will need to have good communication and interpersonal skills.
The successful applicant will be required to work days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To assist in all aspects of site and grounds maintenance at the Alan Higgs Centre, including assistance with the maintenance of all plant, machinery and equipment ensuring the building is operating effectively and safely at all times.
- To ensure that the Centre’s facilities are constantly maintained and presented to the highest of standards as could be expected within any similar facility within the leisure sector.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the grounds, floodlit pitches, drives and paths are free from litter and are in a clean and tidy condition..
- To carry out regular checks/inspections on equipment/facilities to ensure the earliest possible identification of Health & Safety risks and maintenance defects.
- To be responsible for adhering to maintenance schedules and carrying out preventative maintenance programs, using the WAM system as required..
- To ensure that all areas of the Company’s Policy and Procedure are adhered to and implemented.
- To provide assistance to the Pool Plant Technician with the maintenance of pool plant.
- To order and maintain equipment levels, ensuring that all maintenance equipment within the Centre is appropriate for its use and that it is checked regularly as part of Health & Safety risk assessments and operating procedures.
- To assist in all servicing and cleaning of vehicles belonging to CV Life.
- To ensure that all of the Company’s Policies and Procedure are adhered to and implemented.
- To adopt a flexible approach to provide maintenance cover during urgent or emergency situations as deemed necessary by the Centre Manager.
- To maintain all relevant administrative records, both electronic and paper based, including maintenance logs and reports.
- To liaise with the Centre Manager regarding any aspects of extraordinary maintenance and cleaning.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Presentable in personal appearance.
- Excellent communicator to various levels of internal and external representation.
- High levels of self-motivation and organisation.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and confident.
- Honest, reliable & trustworthy.
- Show a flexible approach to work.
- High standards in relation to the presentation of facilities.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Physical agility to undertake the duties in the job description.
- Manual dexterity.
Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience of a wide range of buildings maintenance.
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of IT (Microsoft Office, Outlook etc).
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
- Previous experience of maintenance work within a leisure facility.
- Pool plant maintenance experience.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work and make decisions in unsupervised settings.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in problem solving.
- Time Management skills.
- Prioritising workloads.
- Recognised industry qualifications.
- Technical ability in relation to plant maintenance.
- Mechanical or electrical experience.
- Organisational, planning and administration skills.
- Computer literate.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Pool plant qualification.
- Recognised industry qualifications.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites during working hours.
- Ability to be on call to attend at short notice.
19th August 2019
£7.32 (topped up in accordance to NMW and NLW, if appropriate)
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.