Lifeguard - Casual
CV Life is seeking to employ a number of enthusiastic individuals who will be required to undertake duties as a Lifeguard. The ideal candidates for these casual positions will be hardworking, able to show initiative and will work well as part of a team.
Duties include setting up equipment, assisting in the crèche/playgroup as required, cleaning and dealing with customer enquiries. You will be required to maintain the highest level of safety life-guarding the pool and be attentive, alert and be able to respond to incidents in a calm and speedy manner.
The successful applicants will be required to cover days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential. Enhanced DBS clearance and a recognised pool lifeguard qualification will also be required.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To assist the Duty Manager in the daily operation of the Sport Centre’s facilities and activities.
- To hold a recognised lifeguard qualification in order to carry out duties on Leisure Centre’s swimming pool.
- To attend training/refresher courses as appropriate to maintain qualifications and to be responsible for ensuring that all necessary qualifications are kept up-to-date.
- To assist with maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the Centre and its surrounding site at all times.
- To continually refer to booking sheets and erect/dismantle equipment as appropriate.
- To gain experience and obtain governing body qualifications in a range of sports/activities.
- To provide assistance in aspects of coaching and session delivery.
- To provide assistance for the care of under 5’s Centre’s Crèche.
- To contribute to the professional development and guidance of Further Education and Work Placement students.
- To become familiar with the various procedures of reception duties, including all administrative aspects of record keeping and filing.
- To assist with the re-stocking of vending machines as required.
- To visit venues outside the Centre as required to promote the activities of the Company.
- To patrol the building regularly and report any problems/breakages to the Duty Manager.
- To attend any relevant meetings and forums as required.
- To assist in emergency situations in accordance with the procedures detailed in the company’s Health and Safety policy.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Show a flexible approach to work.
- Supportive to others.
- Adaptable and approachable.
- Desire to further training and career development prospects
Knowledge and Experience
- Basic IT knowledge
- Working knowledge and experience of the day to day duties within a leisure facility.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety practices surrounding sports and leisure facilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own supervision.
- Ability to use initiative in unsupervised settings.
- Communication skills.
- Customer care skills.
- Literacy and numeracy skills.
- Relevant lifeguard qualification
- Nationally recognised pool lifeguard qualification.
- Sports coaching qualifications.
- First aid qualification.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- DBS clearance
Job Reference Number - Please indicate which Centre you have a preference to work at by quoting relevant job reference number:
Centre AT7 – AT29
Xcel Leisure Centre – XL55
Wave Waterpark – WV38
31st December 2019
£7.00 (topped up in accordance to NMW and NLW, if appropriate)
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.