Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Temporary)
We are looking for an experienced Administrator to join the HR team at CV Life on a temporary basis for a period of 9 months. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing administrative support across a wide range of HR work streams in a small and very busy team.
The successful candidate will have strong administration, IT and communication skills and will have the ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines whilst managing a varied workload.
Experience in, or knowledge of Human Resources is desirable but full training will be provided.
The successful candidate will be required to travel between sites across the City to attend meetings during the working day.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
- To provide administrative support to the HR Manager and Senior HR Assistant in a wide range of HR processes.
- Provide note taking support in HR meetings including disciplinary, grievance and other case work meetings.
- Provide support with the DBS clearance process, ensuring that the DBS register is maintained.
- Maintain the register for Self Employed worker’s ensuring that up to date information has been provided for insurance purposes etc.
- To ensure that all documentation is filed both manually and electronically in a timely manner and in accordance with GDPR.
- To ensure that the stock for all stationary and HR forms is maintained.
- To support recruitment and selection processes, including updating Induction documents, administering Young Worker Permits, updating Job Descriptions and Person Specifications, the placement of adverts and arrangements for interviews as required.
- To collect and sort incoming post and correspondence ensuring it is processed in a timely and confidential manner.
- To liaise with the finance team in relation to payroll queries.
- To maintain the storage of electronic HR files, ensuring that up to date policies, forms and other documents are available to managers.
- To ensure that information is discarded appropriately when no longer required, including confidential shredding.
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing maintenance of a computerised HR software system.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Adaptable and approachable.
- Flexible in approach to work.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
Knowledge and Experience
- IT skills and experience of using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working in an office environment providing secretarial support.
- Experience of diary management.
- Working in a busy administrative environment.
- Dealing with matters in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- Knowledge of GDPR.
- Experience of working within an HR office.
- Knowledge of an HR Information.
- System/Software Package.
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people.
- Customer care skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Time management skills.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Minute taking and the production of succinct and accurate records.
- Ability to work with confidence and consistency.
- Ability to adapt and react to changing priorities.
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Qualification in HR Practice.
- Ability to travel between sites during the working day.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays if required.
Thursday 28th February 2019
Part Time/ Flexible (up to 20 per week)
Competitive based on experience
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.