CV Life is looking to recruit an enthusiastic gymnastics coach to join our Sports Development Team to deliver specific high quality gym sessions in schools and sports centre’sThe ideal candidate will be required to plan and set up innovative sessions and deliver high quality sessions for children which are fun and enjoyable, in line with the relevant gymnastics award scheme.
The successful applicant will be required to travel between sites and work days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, and therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
Possession of a British gymnastics Level 1 or Level 2 Qualification is essential for this role.
Successful Candidates will need to be available for Interview on: Wednesday 24th April 2019
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To assist with the organisation, development and delivery of all aspects of the Schools’ PE Programmes and all other Community Development programmes.
- To regularly deliver the prescribed number of coaching sessions to those schools who are associated with the School Curriculum programme and out of school clubs.
- To deliver coaching sessions as organised within the objectives of the project’s school and community outreach programme.
- To deliver fun and innovative gymnastics lessons to children of all abilities, in line with the relevant gym award scheme.
- To always deliver coaching sessions in a manner consistent with sound coaching principles and the social objectives of the project, adhering to the project’s unit and lesson plans.
- To be actively involved in Sports Development issues outside of coaching programmes, including events, meetings and activity promotion as directed by the Sports Development Manager.
- To assist in the planning, review and development of all new and existing unit and lesson plans and Sports Development work programmes.
- To maintain all administrative records relating to coaching sessions and programme development, as directed by the Sports Development Manager.
- To attend all project review and forward planning meetings.
- To set up and break down equipment as necessary for sessions, adhering to the correct procedures for the safe handling and storing of equipment.
- To ensure that adequate standards of Health & Safety considerations are maintained at all times, in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
- To undertake regular stock checks of project equipment, reporting all losses and damages.
- To respond to accidents with the appropriate measures of first aid, ensuring that all records relating to accidents are completed immediately afterwards.
- To perform facility duties as required by the sports development officer when not otherwise engaged with or required for project coaching responsibilities.
- To contribute to the professional development and guidance of Further Education and Work Placement students.
- To seek personal professional development by pursuing relevant experiences and appropriate qualifications.
- To attend regular internal training days to improve subject knowledge.
- To attend safeguarding training within the company and adopt its policies.
- The employee will be required to work and carry out the tasks as defined in the Employment Specification at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities between the facilities of the company.
- To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, by always maintaining high standards of personal appearance and adopting a friendly but professional approach to the public.
- To undertake other duties, as specified by Line or Senior Management which are appropriate to the level and general responsibilities of the post.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Ability to work on own initiative & lead a team of people
- Adaptable and flexible
- Supportive towards young people
- Ability to be positively persuasive and motivate individuals and teams.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of planning and delivering sports coaching as a volunteer or in paid employment in either a school, club or community setting
- Understanding of safeguarding, health and safety and sports equity principles, policies and procedures.
- Health and Safety issues surrounding sports activities and facilities.
- Experience of working with disadvantaged groups.
- Experience of working with special needs children.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of sports development, including club and coach development.
- Organisation of competitions.
- Knowledge of relevant national governing body programmes, policies and procedures.
- Experience of monitoring/evaluation of sessions.
- Understanding of PE delivery in schools.
- Coaching Skills.
- Ability to plan & deliver high quality, varied & effective coaching sessions.
- Organisational, planning and administration skills.
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to adapt sessions appropriately dependent on the needs of the group
- Basic IT knowledge, numeracy and literacy
- At least one Level 2 NGB qualification or equivalent.
- UKCC Level 2 Gymnastics coaching qualification or equivalent.
- First Aid qualification
- Relevant Safeguarding, Equity and Coaching Disabled Performers training.
- Continually working towards sports coaching qualifications.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Ability to travel between sites during the working day.
- DBS Clearance
Job Reference Number
30th April 2019
Various hours available
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.