Group Exercise Leader - The Wave
Opening soon, the Wave’ complex is a 600-capacity high octane waterpark in Coventry City Centre, which incorporates six thrilling rides, wave pool, lazy river & toddler area. In addition, there are state-of-the-art fitness facilities, including a 25m pool, squash courts, and the tranquil Mana Spa, which includes treatment rooms & heat experiences. The facilities also include a Bistro with alfresco dining area.
CVLife are looking to recruit a dynamic and flexible team of passionate and experienced Group Exercise Leaders to deliver a fresh and energetic, brand new timetable in the Wave’s Fitness Facilities. As a Group Exercise Leader you will be responsible for engaging with members in the group exercise studio, delivering inclusive group exercise classes and building a strong rapport with members, whilst also delivering an unforgettable member experience and promoting the rest of the facilities and services available in the Wave. Candidates must have a relevant industry recognised qualification. You will also work with the Fitness Operations Manager and Group Exercise Coordinator to aid member retention and provide positive customer feedback.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To assist the Fitness Operations Manager, Group Exercise Coordinator and ‘Lifestyles’ Manager in the daily operation of group exercise classes.
- To ensure the delivery of group exercise classes safely, efficiently and to a high standard.
- To assist in promoting and publicising the group exercise timetable and its associated activities/programme, particularly to the target groups of the Company.
- To visit venues outside of the Centre to promote the activities of the Fitness Suite / Company.
- To erect and dismantle equipment as required for particular sessions.
- To be familiar with and work within all operating policies and procedures appropriate to provision of the exercise studio.
- To ensure that a high standard of customer care is maintained at all times, and to respond to all customer enquiries/complaints effectively and efficiently.
- To attend training/refresher courses as are appropriate to maintain qualifications and standards of good practice.
- To ensure that adequate standards of Health and Safety are maintained at all times, paying particular attention to the use of equipment.
- To ensure that the exercise studio is left in a clean and tidy state following the delivery of your class(es).
- To be aware and able to respond to all emergency situations in accordance with the procedures detailed in the Company’s Health & Safety policy.
- To attend any relevant meetings as appropriate.
- The employee will be required to work and carry out the tasks as defined in the Employment Specification at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities between the facilities of the company.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Presentable in personal appearance.
- Approachability to staff and customers.
- Good level of self-motivation.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and confident.
- Show a flexible approach to work.
- Provide support to others.
- Good listener.
- Professional pride.
- Desire to further training and career development prospects.
Knowledge and Experience
- Basic knowledge of working in the fitness industry.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety practices surrounding Group Exercise classes.
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own supervision.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Good Customer care skills.
- Experience of teaching Group Exercise classes.
- Ability to encourage and motivate others.
- Basic IT knowledge and literacy.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Y.M.C.A. Fitness Instructor or equivalent Official Spinning Qualification or willingness to gain at own expense.
- Other fitness related qualifications.
- First aid qualification.
- Health and Safety qualification.
- A wide range of Group Exercise qualifications and experience.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Broader interest relating to sport and leisure.
- Ability to travel between sites.
1st March 2019
TBC at interview
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.