CV Life is seeking to recruit a Graphic Designer to join our highly motivated Marketing team.
The successful candidate will be required to produce high-quality graphic design for a range of marketing channels including: brochures, flyers, posters, banners, stationery, magazine adverts, point-of-sale displays, website, digital screens and social media and e-newsletters.
Interview process will consist of questions and answers session, portfolio review and an office based practical graphic design test.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
Produce high-quality graphic design for a range of online and offline marketing channels.
- Produce graphic design for a range of marketing channels, including: brochures; flyers; posters; banners; stationery; magazine adverts; point-of-sale displays; website adverts; social media adverts; digital screens; and enewsletters.
- Produce high quality graphic design that engages and effectively communicates to the target audiences.
- Ensure all design outcomes adhere to the corporate and service branding guidelines.
- Work and liaise with external suppliers, including: CRM company, PR company, printers; sign makers; photographers; and I.T providers.
- Maintain appearance and updating of internal advertising material across all Centres, including poster frames, notice boards and literature racks.
- Meet with managers and department heads to discuss their marketing campaign objectives and design requirements.
- Assist the Marketing and Communications team with planning and managing campaigns, including brainstorming, estimating turnaround timescales and developing visual concepts.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts, whilst remaining open to constructive feedback or criticism.
- Accurately maintain the design files, logos, images, and videos libraries.
- Effectively manage workflow for numerous short-term and long-term projects simultaneously, whilst ensuring strict deadlines are met.
- Communicate key timescales, including info and proofing deadlines, to relevant managers and departmental heads.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Adaptable and approachable.
- Flexible in approach to work.
- Supportive to others.
- Ability to be persuasive at all levels.
- Consistency in dealing with agencies.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Working knowledge of IT including Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Apple operating system and software.
- Knowledge of website Content Management Systems and HTML code editing.
- Experience of photography.
- Knowledge of video and music editing software.
- Design skills to a high standard.
- Attentive to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own supervision.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions in unsupervised settings.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Organisational planning and administration skills.
- Creative and ability to think outside the box.
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to deal with suppliers in a professional manner.
- Commercial awareness.
- Literacy skills
- Graphic Design degree or equivalent.
- Interest in graphic design and sport/leisure activities.
- Ability to travel between sites during the working day.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays if required.
1st March 2019
37.5 per week
£17,000 per year
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.