Food and Beverage Manager- The Wave
Opening soon, the Wave’ complex is a 600-capacity high octane waterpark in Coventry City Centre, which incorporates six thrilling rides, wave pool, lazy river & toddler area. In addition, there are state-of-the-art fitness facilities, including a 25m pool, squash courts, and the tranquil Mana Spa, which includes treatment rooms & heat experiences. The facilities also include a Bistro with alfresco dining area.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced manager to manage the Café Bars operated by CV Life; this includes the new Wave Waterpark opening soon in the City Centre.
The ideal candidate will be hard working, have a “hands on approach” to leading a team from the front and a driving force in motivating a team of staff to provide a very high standard of customer service whilst also being equally able to work alone.
Previous experience of working in all areas of a busy Café Bar environment is essential, as well as experience of working in a Managerial position.
The successful candidate will be managing staff across multiple locations and will be responsible for achieving budgetary targets in terms of turnover and profitability.
The successful candidate will be required to work days, evenings and weekends, therefore a very flexible attitude to changing working patterns is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To ensure that the Café Bar Services provided by CV Life within their sites meet the demands and requirements of customers, whilst also ensuring that Turnover, Wages Budgets and Gross Profit Targets are met.
- Responsible for Café Bar Services provided by CV Life within the Wave facility and the catering provision within the other sites, ensuring general guidelines and policies as defined within the CV Life Operating Procedures handbook are adhered to.
- Ensure that national and local legislation regarding the operation of licensed premises is strictly adhered to.
- Responsible for the training of Café Bar Staff ensuring they are trained to a professional standard, with the emphasis on Customer Service.
- To ensure correct till operation at all times, particularly in relation to cash handling. To assist Centre Managers in ensuring any till discrepancies are fully investigated.
- To maintain the weekly staff rota for their site ensuring that core operational hours, are fully staffed as required.
- To ensure that front of house, Café, Bars, Serveries, Kiosks, Cellars and any area set aside for Café Bar Operational purposes are cleaned and maintained to a standard that is appropriate to the demands and concerns of all customers. Ensuring that the facilities and associated equipment meet any legal or recommended standards of safety and hygiene.
- To arrange a regular weekly clean with the appropriate equipment provided of all beer lines and ensure that all products are served in a good condition. To ensure all Bar Service Machines are regularly cleaned.
- To contact Suppliers and keep a log of machine breakdowns.
- To check weekly bar diaries are being correctly completed on a weekly basis.
- To ensure the Companies stock process system is adhered to.
- To arrange regular Staff Training/Meetings.
- To meet with the Centre Manager, and Commercial and Business Partnerships Manager on a regular basis to review upcoming events, identify marketing opportunities, review business operations and any other areas for opportunity that may be considered beneficial.
- To ensure that budget targets in relation to turnover, wages and profitability are achieved by assisting with the constant monitoring of performances and taking a proactive part with ongoing promotional activities.
- To work with the Commercial Manager to set the pricing structure, GP% and budgets.
- To assist in the staging of events and functions as required by the Café Bar across CV LIFE facilities.
- To place stock orders through the Café Bar to fulfil all operational requirements of the bar, cafes and vending machines within all CV LIFE facilities.
- To ensure the replenishment of displays daily to meet the needs of the site.
- To be proactive in ensuring that storage of stocks is in a clear and organised manner, ensuring effective stock rotation based on FIFO both at POS and in storage area.
- To closely manage stock wastage and define / action ways to ensure wastage is kept to an absolute minimum.
- To ensure a high standard of customer care and service is maintained at all times within all facilities and areas of responsibility, responding to customer queries and complaints effectively and efficiently.
- To ensure vending machines are filled on a regular basis.
- To be responsible for the day to day operation of the Lifestyles breakfast counter.
- To be responsible for opening ‘pop up’ bars when needed at any of our CV LIFE facilities.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Presentable in personal appearance.
- Enthusiastic and confident.
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy.
Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience of Café or Bar work as a Manager.
- Experience in cash handling management.
- Experience of dealing with groups and functions.
- Working knowledge of cellar procedures.
- Working knowledge of electronic POS Systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience of Running an Order Book.
- Experience of undertaking administrative duties.
- Experience of Stocktaking.
- Experience of managing a P&L.
- Knowledge of budgeting processes.
- Experience working within a fast-pasted environment.
- Knowledge of legislation relating to licenced premises.
- Experience of managing a budget.
- Ability and experience in building and motivating a team of staff.
- Strong Management experience of a large team.
- Ability to use initiative in unsupervised settings.
- Communication skills.
- Customer Service Skills.
- IT Skills.
- Ability to build good working relationships with external suppliers.
- Commercial acumen.
- Experience of managing a multi-site team.
- Literacy and numeracy
- Level 2 food Hygiene certificate.
- Catering / Food preparation experience.
- Management / Leadership Qualification.
- Personal License Holder.
- Hospitality Qualification.
- First aid qualification.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites during the working day.
1st March 2019
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.