Food and Beverage Assistant - The Wave
Opening soon, the Wave’ complex is a 600-capacity high octane waterpark in Coventry City Centre, which incorporates six thrilling rides, wave pool, lazy river & toddler area. In addition, there are state-of-the-art fitness facilities, including a 25m pool, squash courts, and the tranquil Mana Spa, which includes treatment rooms & heat experiences. The facilities also include a Bistro with alfresco dining area.
We are looking for Food and Beverage Assistants to join our team to provide a front-line customer service function in terms of the bar and service areas, serving drinks and snacks, and re-heating food as required. We require individuals with experience or an understanding in cash – handling procedures and cash ups. The main purpose of this role is to ensure that the Bar Serveries, Kiosk and Customer Areas, are cleaned and maintained to the standard laid down in Company procedures, and associated paperwork is carried out as required. You will be required to be flexible and be available to work on Events and Functions across all CV Life’s facilities.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To ensure that the Café/ Bar Services provided by the Company meet the demands and requirements of Centre users, whilst Company Policies are being adhered to and Service Expectations are being met.
- To provide a front-line customer service function in terms of the bar and service areas, serving drinks and snacks, and re-heating food as required.
- To be involved in cash – handling procedures, cash ups and responsible for till balances.
- To ensure that the Bar Serveries, Kiosk and Customer Areas, are cleaned and maintained to the standard laid down in Company procedures, and associated paperwork is carried out as require.
- To liaise with the Food and Beverage Manager regarding any aspects of extraordinary maintenance and cleaning.
- To Liaise with the Food and Beverage Manager and Catering Co-Ordinator in terms of stock requirements.
- To be available to work on Events and Functions as requested.
- To be familiar with and work within all operating policies and procedures appropriate to the Bar provision. Especially in relation to completing bar diaries, the Companies stock procedures, health and safety and food hygiene regulations.
- To maintain all storage and cellar areas in a clean and tidy condition and ensure bar areas are stocked as directed, bearing in mind stock rotation.
- To ensure that a high standard of customer care is maintained at all times and to respond to all customer enquiries or complaints effectively and efficiently.
- Input memberships onto the computerised booking system and ensure that supplementary information is accurate and detailed.
- To ensure that all visitors adhere to the procedures for signing in and out of the premises.
- To attend any relevant meetings as appropriate.
- To attend training/refresher courses as are appropriate to maintain qualifications and standards of good practice.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Enthusiastic and confident.
- Flexible approach to work and working patterns.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Desire to further training and career development prospects.
Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience of bar work.
- Experience of cash handling.
- Experience of dealing with groups and functions.
- Knowledge of cellar procedures.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety issues relating to a catering environment.
- Ability to use initiative in unsupervised settings.
- Communication skills.
- Customer care skills.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- BIIB Barpersons Qualification.
- Food hygiene certificate.
- First aid qualification.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to work a split shift.
- Ability to travel between sites.
1st March 2019
Part Time and Full Time
TBC at interview
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.