Fitness Operations Manager
CV Life are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Fitness Operations Manager to join our Lifestyles Health & Fitness Management Team who will oversee Fitness operations across all company sites.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for health and fitness and have excellent customer service skills. You will need to have working knowledge and experience within a fitness position and have the ability to work well under pressure. You'll have a demonstrable track record in providing a range of fitness services which challenge and excite members in a safe working environment. You will also need experience of delivering a range of exercise programmes that retains and attracts new members.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible as they will be required to work at a range of sites across the City, sometimes during evenings and weekends. They will also have good leadership, managerial and organisation skills and be an outstanding communicator and motivator; showing positive assertiveness to a strong team of Fitness Instructors and provide support to the Studio Coordinator.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
To ensure the provision of the Lifestyles fitness facilities are operating within agreed budgets and to standards of quality and responsible for monitoring, measuring and reporting user retention within the fitness facilities to the Health and Fitness Manager.
- Manage the Lifestyles Health and Fitness team, ensuring proper arrangements for recruitment, training, development, work planning and control.
- To have financial and operational accountability for all activities under his/her control.
- To provide regular fitness revenue, expenditure and staff schedule forecasts for use by the Health and Fitness Manager, for monitoring and budgeting purposes.
- Monitor all functions related to the fitness digital facilities and set KPI’s for instructors on member interactions.
- Assist with the development of functionality and instructor / member usage of the digital facilities.
- To lead on the execution of the fitness aspects of the content associated with programmed corporate wellness days.
- To monitor the performance of the Lifestyles fitness facilities by assisting with development and management of department SOP’s, identifying and taking action on problem areas, when necessary and advising Health and Fitness Manager as required.
- Ensure that all customer complaints/comments/compliments are managed in accordance with known procedures.
- Establish and maintain systematic reviews of the Lifestyles program, pricing, and promotional performance, ensuring that all opportunities for income generation and/or production cost reduction are reported to the Health and Fitness Manager and acted upon.
- Organisation and monitoring of all aspects of staffing within the Lifestyles fitness facilities, to include staffing levels, schedules, cover, holidays, absenteeism.
- Monitor the performance of the ETM class program including development of new programs in line with the market ensuring all classes are resourced.
- To ensure that all areas of the fitness suites and studio facilities are adequately maintained and serviced.
- To provide in house staff training where required including inducting new staff and coordinate the orientation of sales processes as required.
- To organise external staff training in line with the development of Health and Fitness programs and budgets.
- To hold regular meetings with the ETM Instructors, Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers.
- To hold annual progress reviews with all Fitness Instructors, Personal Trainers and ETM Instructors.
- To provide weekly and monthly analysis of the Lifestyles fitness facilities statistics relating to usage and key performance indicators.
- Attend regular meetings with the Health and Fitness Manager to report on all areas within the Lifestyles Fitness facilities/program and develop future initiatives.
- To work with the Health and Fitness Manager in the development of annual budgets and ensure through regular monitoring that the designated areas are working within budget.
- To work with the Health and Fitness Manager to develop, implement and maintain Health & Safety policies within the Lifestyles Fitness facilities.
- To attend training/refresher courses as appropriate to maintain qualifications and standards of good practice and organise as is necessary for ‘Lifestyles’ Instructors to ensure that their qualifications are kept up-to-date.
- To be responsible for mentoring, counselling, supporting, advising, coaching and the development of staff.
- To ensure that all Lifestyles staff projects a professional, friendly and presentable image of Lifestyles at all times.
- To maintain all relevant administrative records and reports.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Adaptable and approachable.
- High levels of self-motivation and organisation.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and confident.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of Data Protection Regulations.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety practices surrounding health and fitness facilities.
- Knowledge of good practices within fitness facilities management.
- Working knowledge & experience of the day to day management of fitness facilities.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of trends in the current market.
- Wide range of training methods and principles.
- Fitness Testing.
- Nutritional analysis.
- Experience in the development & marketing of health & fitness facilities/sessions.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Report writing skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Customer care skills.
- Time management skills.
- People management skills .
- Ability to produce easy to use databases and filing systems.
- Establish key relationships swiftly and appropriately.
- Team orientated approach, able to work across organization boundaries and demonstrate interest and be supportive of the work of colleagues.
- Presentation skills.
- Numeracy and literacy
- IT packages e.g. Microsoft Office
- Minimum REPS Level 2 Fitness Instructor or equivalent
- Other fitness related qualifications.
- First aid qualification
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Ability to travel between sites during the working day
- DBS clearance/li>
- Broader interest relating to sport and leisure
Job Reference Number
2nd October 2019
Lifestyles Health and Fitness
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.