Are you passionate about sport? Do you want to make a difference to local communities? Are you interested in developing skills in event management, project management, sports coaching and marketing and communications? If so, an exciting opportunity to join a city wide initiative focused around the core values of rugby is waiting for you!
CV Life are looking for a Engage Co-ordinator to support the delivery of the Engage! educational programmes.
The ideal candidate for this position will be confident and outgoing, able to work well individually and as part of a small team. You will have experience in delivering a variety of curriculum time coaching sessions to primary and secondary school children, including both practical/outdoor and classroom based delivery. You will need to have good organisation skills, ability to manage multiple projects, deliver and evaluate events and have experience of utilizing marketing and communications platforms to promote and develop programme initiatives.
In addition to delivering high quality coaching and classroom sessions, the successful candidate will also need general programme management and co-ordination skills. The successful candidate needs to have the ability to travel between schools and facilities during a working day and will be required to work days, early mornings, evenings and weekends therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To assist with the organisation, development and delivery of all aspects of the Engage! educational programmes, School 2 Club Programme and competition format.
- To plan and prepare the delivery of swimming lessons and ensure that all-coaching sessions and practices are within the current guidelines of ASA and other governing bodies as are appropriate.
- To support, develop and lead the co-ordination and delivery of all rugby activities, connecting primary and secondary schools with local rugby clubs - as defined and agreed with the Education Manager.
- To contribute to, develop and deliver the Engage! educational programmes, planning, co-ordinating and delivering the prescribed number of coaching sessions to those schools who are associated with Engage! And CV Life in line with key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- To raise invoices and purchase orders where applicable.
- To always deliver coaching sessions in a manner consistent with sound coaching principles and the social objectives of the project, adhering to the project’s unit and lesson plans.
- To plan, organise and deliver all associated events in line with Engage! And CV Life community programme KPI’s, evaluating all aspects of delivery for continuous improvement.
- To support the development and delivery of all associated marketing and communication platforms (including programme website and social media/ Twitter/Facebook etc.) in line with programme requirements as directed by the Education Manager.
- To be actively involved in Sports Development issues outside of coaching programmes, including events, meetings and activity promotion as directed by the Education Manager.
- To assist in the planning, review and development of all new and existing Engage! lesson plans and wider CV Life Development work programmes.
- To maintain all administrative records relating to coaching sessions, contacts and programme development, as directed by the Education Manager.
- To attend all project review and forward planning meetings.
- To set up and break down equipment as necessary for sessions, adhering to the correct procedures for the safe handling and storing of equipment.
- To ensure that adequate standards of Health & Safety considerations are maintained at all times, in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
- To undertake regular stock checks of project equipment, reporting all losses and damages.
- To respond to accidents with the appropriate measures of first aid, ensuring that all records relating to accidents are completed immediately afterwards.
- To contribute to the professional development and guidance of Sports Apprentices, Further Education and Work Placement students.
- To seek personal professional development by pursuing relevant experiences and appropriate qualifications
- To attend regular internal and external training days/CPD events, to improve subject knowledge.
- To attend safeguarding training within the company and adopt its policies.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
- Ability to empathise with a diverse range of people of all ages and representations
- Ability to be positively persuasive and motivate individuals and teams
- Ability to communicate and grow partnerships with a range of agencies and people from diverse backgrounds/standings
- Adaptable and approachable
- Innovative thinker
- Outwardly enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Supportive qualities that will encourage young people in their pursuit of personal goals
Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding of appropriate sporting based ‘key values’ as embraced within the Engage! programme
- Delivering community coaching programmes in rugby and multi sports based activities within schools
- Awareness of issues and challenges affecting disadvantaged communities and areas of recognised under representation
- Health & Safety
- IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Event/tournament organisation
- Knowledge of other rugby and/or multi sports based inclusion programmes and target groups
- Understanding of school curriculum and educational principles
- Understanding of broader issues affecting health and wellbeing inequalities
- Organisation, delivery and management of training and upskilling programmes
- Relevant Safeguarding, Equity and Coaching Disabled Performers training
- Coaching/counselling of young people
- Ability to manage a diverse range of people and groups of people
- Organisational, planning and administration skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and without supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Report writing
- Marketing and creative skills from concept design to delivery of message
- Customer care skills
- Business acumen
- Communication and PR campaigns
- Website/social media development and delivery
- Written and numerical skills to maintain accurate records and manage funding streams
- Level 1 NGB coaching Qualification
- Level 2/ Coaching Award or above RFU coaching qualification
- First aid qualification
- DBS Clearance
- Ability to travel between sites during the working day
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Job Reference Number
22 September 2019
Tuesday 1st October 2019
£18,000 - £21,000 Per annum (depending on qualifications and experience)
DBS Clearance will be required for the successful candidate.
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8DY.