CV Life is seeking to employ an enthusiastic individual who will be required to undertake duties as a Duty Manager.
The ideal candidate for this full time position will work well under pressure and will have working knowledge and experience of the day to day management of a Sports Centre; including reception, pool, health and fitness and dealing with customers in a friendly and efficient manner.
Good organisation and people management skills are essential, as the successful applicant will ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Sports Centre’s facilities and activities, whilst managing staff on duty.
The principle places of employment will be Xcel Leisure Centre and the successful applicant will be required to work days, early mornings, evenings and weekends; therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Sports Centre’s facilities and activities, and to supervise all staff on duty.
- To be directly responsible for managing all aspects of the Centre whilst on duty.
- To arrange and supervise the staff ratios, responsibilities and observations for all Centre staff whilst on duty.
- To work with the management team and other colleagues to programme and prepare centre activities, bookings and events.
- To assist the centre manager with budgetary and financial control procedures, ensuring the safe practices of cash handling, safe keeping of Centre takings whilst on duty and the management of purchase orders.
- To ensure that all services are delivered with the highest standards of customer care, and to take a lead role to ensure that customer enquiries/complaints are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
- To be responsible for monitoring, counselling, supporting, advising, coaching and the development of staff.
- To ensure that the cleanliness and appearance of the Centre and the surrounding site is maintained to the required standard at all times.
- To be a Centre key holder, ensuring that the building is open and closed at the appropriate times, and to be on call should any emergency arise.
- To ensure that the building is secure at all times.
- To ensure adequate standards of Health and Safety for all people on site at all times, undertaking site inspections, liaising with staff and contractors to ensure that general maintenance and repairs are carried out as required.
- To respond to all emergency situations in accordance with the procedures detailed in the Company’s Health & Safety policy, being the appointed first aider while on duty.
- To be pro-actively involved in the organisation and development of new and existing promotional activities linked with the work of the Company.
- To visit venues outside the Centre as required by a more senior member of staff, to promote the activities of the Company.
- To attend training/refresher courses as appropriate to maintain qualifications and standards of good practice.
- To undertake a variety of administrative tasks, maintain records and produce reports.
- To attend any relevant meetings and organise the same as is necessary with other staff and to lead in the absence of the Centre Manager.
- To undertake human resources related procedures such as recruitment, disciplinary, absence management, etc.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Determination to succeed.
- Excellent communicator to various levels of internal and external representation.
- Adaptable and approachable.
- High levels of self-motivation and organisation.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and confident.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours.
Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience of the day to day duties within a leisure facility.
- Working knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages and IT.
- Knowledge of Data Protection Regulations
- General knowledge of Health and Safety practices surrounding sports and leisure facilities.
- Knowledge of financial procedures PPM.
- Leadership skills.
- Team management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Organisational and administration skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Customer care skills.
- Time management skills.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Good listening skills.
- Literacy and numeracy skills to produce letters, reports and calculate payments.
- RLSS NPLQ or equivalent.
- A recognised management qualification
- First Aid at Work Qualification.
- Pool Plant Qualification
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Ability to travel between sites during the working day.
- DBS Clearance
Job Reference Number
25th March 2019
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.