CV Life are looking for a caring and enthusiastic individual with good communication skills to work our crèche facility caring for young children.
The successful candidate for this position will be managing a small team who are responsible for providing children with a varied range of opportunities for play and learning, whilst ensuring that the children are in a safe and stimulating environment.
You will need to ensure all policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
The post-holder will be qualified to NVQ Level 2 or 3 standard (or recognised equivalent). Paediatric First Aid and Food Hygiene would be an advantage. The principle place of employment will be Centre AT7.
*Successful Candidates will need to be available for interviews on 20th September 2019*
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To organise and oversee all aspects of the crèche facility on site, and provide support to other sites where required.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all children’s Crèche activities meet legislative requirements and are registered with the appropriate governing bodies.
- To organise and supervise sessions which involve direct provision of activities within the weekly programme.
- To provide a varied range of opportunities for play and socialisation in a safe and stimulating environment.
- To ensure that the staffing of all sessions is appropriate with respect to ratios, qualifications and experience. Notify Ofsted of any staff changes where appropriate.
- To assist in the formulation, implementation and maintenance of operating policies and procedures as are appropriate, such as (but not exclusively) those regarding Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, Customer Care, Complaints, Behaviour & Discipline and safeguarding.
- To liaise on a regular basis with the Centre Manager to review all aspects of the Crèche programming, pricing, staffing and legislation.
- To work with the Community Development Team to promote the activities of the Crèche, particularly to the target groups of the Company.
- To visit venues outside the Centre as required, promoting the activities of the Company.
- To play an active role in community groups and forums that may influence or have relevance to the range of activities being offered to children at the Crèche.
- To deal with all public enquiries regarding the development and provision of Crèche activities.
- To ensure that the Crèche facility is cleaned and maintained to a standard that is appropriate to the demands and concerns of young children.
- To ensure that the Crèche facility and associated equipment meets any legal or recommended standards of safety.
- To assist in the formulation and maintenance of all relevant administrative procedures.
- To ensure that registration forms are kept up to date for all children that attend the Crèche.
- To complete a register at each Crèche session, ensuring relevant details of all children attending are recorded correctly and staff/child ratios are being adhered to.
- To attend training/refresher courses as are appropriate to maintain qualifications and standards of good practice and to ensure all Crèche staffs qualifications are maintained.
- To attend any relevant meetings and organise the same as is necessary with other Crèche staff.
- To contribute to the professional development and guidance of further education and work placement students.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Presentable in personal appearance.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and self- motivated.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Supportive to others.
- Adaptable and approachable
Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience of a crèche/playgroup or such similar facility.
- Health and safety issues in a young person’s environment.
- Child protection issues.
- Knowledge of under 8’s policies
- Basic IT knowledge and literacy.
- Issues surrounding special needs children and their care.
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own supervision.
- Ability to manage a small team.
- Ability to use initiative in unsupervised settings.
- Ability to communicate with children.
- Administrative skills..
- Experience of arts and crafts/cultural activities
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in child care.
- First Aid qualification.
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- DBS Clearance
Job Reference Number
16th September 2019
19 hours (rota basis)
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8DY.