CVLife is looking for an enthusiastic and reliable individual to undertake duties as a casual cleaner on a cover basis. The ideal candidate for this position will be a hardworking team player who can also work of their own initiative.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring high standards of cleanliness are met in and around the centre and have a understanding of the importance of customer service.
The principal place of employment will be Centre AT7 and the successful applicant will be required to be available for covering; days, early mornings, evenings and weekends; therefore, a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
The cleaning of all areas as specified in the cleaning schedule to the required standard and at the correct frequencies.
- Provide a cleaning service as directed on a daily basis by the Duty Manager.
- To complete the cleaning schedule on a daily basis as required and to return completed schedules to the Duty Manager each week.
- The use of mechanical means where required to maintain areas to the required standard.
- Ensuring that the correct levels of consumables are maintained in each toilet area.
- Replenishing chemical and cleaning stocks to the required level in the cleaning store room through the nominated supplier, using the specified ordering methods under the guidance of the Complex Manager.
- Ensuring that all cleaning materials and chemicals are used in accordance with the manufacturers specifications and stored in the correct manner.
- Using machinery correctly and safely, reporting any faults to the Duty Manager as and when they occur and maintaining the equipment in a clean condition.
- Using personal protective equipment as required in accordance with manufacturers recommendations and Centre policy.
- Ensuring that all waste bins are emptied daily, and new waste sacks fitted and that each bin is kept in a clean and hygienic condition. To ensure that all waste paper is kept separate and disposed of in the recycling facilities.
- Removal of all such waste to the skip provided each day. Clinical waste to yellow clinical waste bins.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Presentable in personal appearance.
- Self-motivated and organised.
- Friendly, adaptable and approachable.
- Flexible approach to work.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures relating to use of chemicals.
- Working knowledge and experience of the day to day duties of a cleaner.
- Ability to work using own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own supervision.
- Ability to follow guidelines and schedules as specified by Line Manager.
- Experience of planning cleaning schedules and record keeping.
- To understand and follow written instructions.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Job Reference Number
21st May 2019
Average of 15hours (rota basis)
£6.84(topped up in accordance to NMW and NLW, if appropriate)
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.