Catering Coordinator - The Wave
Opening soon, the Wave’ complex is a 600-capacity high octane waterpark in Coventry City Centre, which incorporates six thrilling rides, wave pool, lazy river & toddler area. In addition, there are state-of-the-art fitness facilities, including a 25m pool, squash courts, and the tranquil Mana Spa, which includes treatment rooms & heat experiences. The facilities also include a Bistro with alfresco dining area.
We are looking for catering co-ordinators to join our team with experience in catering or hospitality to be the driving force in the preparation, cooking and service of fresh food for the Wave and other CV life sites and events. We are looking for more than one individual for this role which will include responsibilities such as stock ordering, invoice checking, safe food preparation and stock monitoring and control. Experience in leading a team or deputising for the supervisor is essential as this role will deputise for the Food and Beverage Manager during their absence. In this role we are looking for some who always ensures a high standard of customer care and service is always maintained within all facilities and areas of responsibility, responding to customer queries and complaints effectively and efficiently when required.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To prepare, cook and serve food in accordance to the standards expected by CV Life within The Wave and Catering provisions for events across CV Life facilities.
- Prepare, Cook and Serve fresh food for CV Life sites.
- Prepare all Catering requests for events across all CV Life sites.
- Deputising for the Food & Beverage Manger during their absence.
- To order stock for food preparation.
- To sign in orders and check off invoices.
- Follow and maintaining health and hygiene standards.
- To closely monitor stock wastage and work with the Food and Beverage Manager to define ways to ensure wastage is kept to an absolute minimum.
- To ensure a high standard of customer care and service is maintained at all times within all facilities and areas of responsibility, responding to customer queries and complaints effectively and efficiently when required.
- To ensure the Companies stock process system is adhered to.
- To ensure that daily due-diligence checks are completed.
- To ensure that front of house, Café, Bars, Serveries, Cellars, Kitchens and any area set aside for Café Bar Operational purposes are cleaned and maintained to a standard that is appropriate to the demands and concerns of all customers. Ensuring that the facilities and associated equipment meet any legal or recommended standards of safety and hygiene.
- To arrange a regular weekly deep clean with the appropriate equipment provided of all kitchen equipment, floors and surfaces.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Presentable in personal appearance.
- Enthusiastic and confident.
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy.
- Passionate about working within hospitality and catering.
Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience of working within catering facilities.
- Working knowledge of stock rotation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience of developing a menu.
- Understanding of seasonal menu changes
- Working knowledge of electronic POS Systems.
- Experience of dealing with groups and functions.
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use initiative in unsupervised settings.
- Ability to build and motivate a team of staff.
- Communication skills.
- Customer care skills.
- Literacy and numeracy skills.
- Catering qualification.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene.
- Hospitality Qualification.
- First aid qualification.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites during the working day.
1st March 2019
TBC at interview
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.