Performing Arts Teacher
CV Life is currently looking to recruit Performing Arts Teachers to become part of an already extremely successful Community Development Team.
It is essential that the successful candidates have a leisure related/dance qualification and possess the skills to organise a wide variety of activities that encourage increased participation from within the company’s target communities. Knowledge of gymnastics, drama and Zumba would also be an advantage.
The Performing Arts Teacher will be confident, outgoing, self-motivated and possess strong administration skills, liaise and work closely with other teachers and local people at various forums in the Community.
The ability to travel between sites is a necessity with this role. The successful applicant will be required to work mainly weekdays, however a flexible attitude to shift work is essential as weekends, early mornings and evenings may be required from time to time.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To assist with the organisation, development and delivery of all aspects of the Performing Arts Programmes.
- To regularly deliver the prescribed number of dance sessions to those schools who are associated with the Performing Arts programme and out of school clubs.
- To deliver dance sessions as organised within the objectives of the Performing Arts department.
- To always deliver dance sessions in a manner consistent with sound coaching principles and the social objectives of the project, and adhering to the schemes of work.
- To be actively involved in Performing Arts issues outside of delivery, including events, meetings and activity promotion as directed by the Senior Performing Arts Officer.
- To assist in the planning, review and development of all new and existing schemes of work and Performing Arts work programmes.
- To maintain all administrative records relating to coaching sessions and programme development, as directed by the Senior Performing Arts Officer.
- To attend all project review and forward planning meetings.
- To set up and break down equipment as necessary for sessions, adhering to the correct procedures for the safe handling and storing of equipment.
- To ensure that adequate standards of Health & Safety considerations are maintained at all times, in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
- To undertake regular stock checks of project equipment, reporting all loss and damages.
- To respond to accidents with the appropriate measures of first aid, ensuring that all records relating to accidents are completed immediately afterwards.
- To contribute to the professional development and guidance of Further Education and Work Placement students.
- To seek personal professional development by pursuing relevant experiences and appropriate qualifications.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Adaptable, approachable and flexible
- Good understanding of safeguarding, health and safety and sports equity principle, policies and procedures.
- Supportive of young people
- Ability to be positively persuasive and motivate individuals and teams
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of planning and delivering dance within a dance school.
- Experience of working with children aged 4years to 16 years
- Awareness of and commitment to safe practise in dance teaching
- Relevant Safeguarding, Equity and Coaching Disabled Performers training.
- Experience of working with disadvantaged groups
- Experience of working with special needs children
- Experience of monitoring/evaluation of sessions
- Strong Skills in dance techniques
- Ability to plan & deliver high quality, varied & effective sessions
- Organisational, planning and administration skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to adapt sessions appropriately dependent on the needs of the group
- Ability to teach more than one dance technique
- Organisation of dance shows
- Basic IT, Microsoft Office
- Basic numeracy and literacy
- Vocational training through stage school or exams/degree
- First Aid qualification
- First aid qualification.
- Nationally recognised pool lifeguard qualification.
- Sports coaching qualifications.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Ability to travel between sites during the working day.
- DBS Clearance
31st December 2019
Various hours available
- Great development opportunities
- FREE health and fitness membership*
- FREE health and fitness membership for a family member or friend*
- FREE uniform for applicable roles
- FREE training for applicable roles
- DISCOUNTS on Centre activities*
*not applicable to casual workers
Collect Application Form from any Centre
You can collect an Application Form from any CV Life Centre - Xcel Leisure Centre, Centre AT7 and The Alan Higgs Centre. Simply complete and post / hand in the form to the Human Resources Department at Xcel Leisure Centre, Mitchell Aveneue, Coventry CV4 8GU.