Our Environmental Policy
Coventry Sports Foundation is an environmentally conscious organisation and as such we acknowledge the potential impact that our operation of sports and leisure centres may have on the environment.
This policy has been endorsed by the Board of Directors, who give their full support to its implementation. The Foundation's Management Team, under the direction of the Environmental Management Representative, are responsible for ensuring that this policy is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the organisation.
Coventry Sports Foundation is committed to the prevention of pollution and continual improvement of the company’s environmental performance. This is being facilitated through the setting of environmental objectives based on the identified significant aspects. These objectives are documented and targets have been allocated. The progress towards such targets is periodically monitored and reviewed through audit programmes.
As an organisation, Coventry Sports Foundation is committed to ensuring that it:
- complies with all environmental legislation, codes of practice and guidance produced by regulatory bodies, where these are applicable and relate to the identified environmental aspects;
- provides all employees with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy, commensurate with their role;
- works towards an environmental management system in accordance with the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001: 2004, as defined within the scope of the Environmental Management System;
- strives to integrate environmental best practice into all of its business operations;
- prevents pollution to the environment;
- minimises waste to landfill by reducing waste generation and by segregating and recycling waste where it is economically and operationally feasible;
- uses energy, water, materials, and other natural resources as efficiently as possible, giving particular regard to the long term sustainability of consumable items;
- develops strategies in order to manage the green spaces surrounding its leisure centres to enhance existing biodiversity, whilst providing community resources;
- identifies, quantifies and reduces its carbon footprint and off-set its emissions through carbon negative projects;
- ensures that the environment is considered in the procurement of goods and services;
- gives appropriate environmental consideration in all of the goods and services provided to customers;
- works with local businesses, neighbours, partners and suppliers to encourage a commitment and improvement in the local environment
This policy is communicated to all employees and organisations working for or on behalf of Coventry Sports Foundation. Employees and other organisations are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is undertaken without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
This policy is reviewed annually by the Management Team and where deemed necessary amended and re-issued. Previous versions of this policy are archived and are available upon request.
This policy statement is displayed in all sites operated by Coventry Sports Foundation. It is publicly available through the company's website, reception areas or as may be reasonably requested by any interested party.